The Future of History

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Reviews, News, Interviews

Today, we're playing catch up.  Or archiving, if you prefer.

First, some news.  I have a couple of talks booked for the near future.

The first will take place at Goldsmiths, University of London, on 20 March and is entitled The Faces of Shakespeare: Revealing Shakespeare's Life and Death Through Portraits and Other Objects - should be an interesting one, as I expect to unveil a "new" portrait of William Shakespeare, and it's free to attend!  So, if you're in the area ...

After that, I have an appearance at Stratford Literary Festival on 29 April.  Not free to attend, that one, but for a mere £8 you get me talking about Who Killed William Shakespeare?, plus tea and cake!  It'll be just days after the 450th anniversary of Shakespeare's birth.

I've also had a couple of interviews published online lately: one with the lovely Stephanie Moore Hopkins for her Layered Pages blog, the other for Paula Lofting, tireless mastermind of the Review Group blog (Simon Stirling Discusses the Mysteries of Shakespeare).

But that's not all!  I've also been indulging in a bit of book reviewing myself.  So, for your information and/or delectation:


My review of Keane's Company by Iain Gale for the fantastic Historical Honey website can be found here.


My review of Nancy Jardine's The Beltane Choice for the Review Group can be found here.


And finally, my affectionate tribute to Richard Findlater's lovely old theatrical biography of Grimaldi, King of Clowns can be read here.

Plenty more of that sort of thing to come, folks, and I'll do my damnedest to keep you posted about it all.  Meanwhile, in other news, I'm now on Twitter - @WhoKilledWill.

Onwards and upwards ...

No comments:

Post a Comment